What is a Quality Review Audit?
A quality review audit is an on-site assessment conducted by the Commission and aged care quality assessors to ensure that the services you provide align with the quality standards. It assesses whether the customers are being provided with high-quality services or not.
Review audits can either be announced or unannounced; hence, it is imperative for you to be prepared at all times. If your review is scheduled for the next six months, you must start preparing immediately.
Are you feeling tense about how to prepare for your quality audit? No need to worry as Fronto Advisory specialises in making businesses operate as per the Aged Care Quality Standards. All you need to do to pass your review without hassle is reach out to them. They have an experienced team of auditors who will assist you until you are completely satisfied.
The Commission can conduct a review audit for several reasons. These include:
- The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commissioner may believe that you are not providing quality standard services.
- When you have had a change in circumstances
- When your allocated place is transferred
- When your premises have changed after the last accreditation process
Preparation before a quality review will allow your agency to start on the right foot. There are several documents that auditors require during the meeting. Please ensure that you have them ready beforehand, so you do not have to go through any hassle at the last minute. The documents that the person in-charge of the service will have to present are:
- Client list
- Record of clients who are receiving psychotropic medication
- Customer’s representative contact information
- Incident management records
- Complaint registers of the previous six months
- Records of any suspicious incidents or allegations
Apart from the preparation of documents, please ensure that you:
- Understand the quality and safety compliance requirements of your organisation
- Conduct a self-assessment to facilitate continuous improvement
- Have ample evidence of compliance as per Aged Care Quality Standards.
- Identify the barriers you might face during quality reviews so you can come up with solutions to tackle them
- Understand the Commission’s step-by-step process of quality review
- Contribute to professional development
- Prepare how to respond to or handle any non-compliance identified by the Commission
The Commissioner will appoint an audit team to conduct your quality review audit. The audit team will come to your premises, show their credentials, ask permission for entry, and hand you a visit letter. Once you grant permission, the meeting will begin. During the meeting, the audit team will ask for some key documents. You must provide these documents within one hour of the meeting’s conclusion.
An assessment team member will meet a service in-charge on each day of the review audit to keep tabs on the audit’s overall progress. The team will also interact with at least 10% of the agency’s customers to know the quality of services offered. On the last day, an assessment team member is going to discuss the key issues, critical observations, or areas of concern identified within the agency’s operations.
Fronto Advisory follows the same procedure adopted by the aged care quality assessors, ensuring you are entirely prepared for the final review audit. Their team also possesses in-depth knowledge about the home care market in Australia. They will help you with each step of the quality review and will ensure that you face no barriers. Hence, you can place your complete trust in them.
They offer several services, including but not limited to:
- Examination of your organisation’s operations, processes, and policies
- Developing a continuous improvement plan
- Assistance with self-assessment responses
- Identify and provide solutions to any non-compliances within the system
If you wish to avail yourself of any of these services, please feel free to contact them.