Most people know taking care of their teeth is essential for healthy smiles. Seeing the dentist twice a year for checkups helps to ensure cavities and gum disease remain at bay. Learning about the available dental services will help people prepare to seek their dentist.
Common Dental Services Available from the Dentist
Everyone knows their dentist offers teeth cleaning and examination. Dentists also provide a wealth of other services to help keep smiles healthy. All Family Dental Care provides patients with the following treatments.
- Dental crowns surround vulnerable teeth that have suffered damage. A crown covers a tooth and shields it from further damage. Crowns are put in place after decay or injuries occur.
- Bonding helps repair minor tooth damage, and dentists can use this treatment to change the size and shape of teeth. Dentists may also use dental bonding to repair cavities.
- Bridgework replaces a missing tooth. Bridges may receive support from the patient’s teeth or implants. Dental bridges restore a person’s smile and help them chew more effectively.
- When stains and damage occur, people often feel embarrassed about the appearance of their smile. Thankfully, dentists offer dental veneers. Veneers are thin sheets of porcelain or other materials placed over the teeth to cover any damage or cosmetic concerns.
- Root canal treatments are often necessary when the tooth pulp becomes infected. Infections frequently develop due to severe decay. Root canals remove the inner tooth tissue and fill it with gutta-percha to make it stable. A root canal can prevent tooth loss.
- People sometimes need to have their teeth extracted. Dentists may carry out tooth extractions because of severe decay or injuries. Sometimes, dentists will also remove teeth to prepare a patient’s mouth for orthodontic treatment.
Seeing the dentist twice a year for cleanings and dental exams protects a person’s smile. Knowing what to expect from this appointment will help a person feel at ease.
First, the dental hygienist will clean the patient’s teeth to remove any plaque and tartar. Removing these substances is vital to help prevent any decay from arising. Patients will then have X-rays carried out to ensure there are no signs of cavities deep within the teeth.
Next, the dentist will examine the patient. Dental examinations are integral for ensuring a person’s smile is healthy. The dentist will check each tooth for signs of decay and inspect the patient’s mouth for cancer. If any cavities or signs of gum disease arise, the dentist will offer treatment.
Schedule a Dental Appointment Today
Scheduling regular dental appointments is one of the most important things people can do for their oral health. When caught early, cavities and gum disease are much easier to treat. People also need to ensure they are brushing and flossing daily.
Dentists help their patients keep healthy smiles for life. When oral health concerns arise, these medical professionals find the causes and offer sound treatment. Now is the time to schedule your next dental examination.