It is chosen over other grass lawns for the following reasons, in addition to being hardy and versatile:
- Sir Walter Buffalo grass does not require replacement. It possesses a self-repairing capacity that permits it to recover even after damage, even after a severe drought.
- It uses a little bit of water than other famous types and looks great in both partial shade and full sun.
- Its shade tolerance allows it to be used in a variety of settings, making it one of the most cost-effective landscaping features.
- Despite other popular alternatives such as Kikuyu grass, Sir Walter Buffalo Turf is more pest resistant.
- The leaves of the Sir Walter buffalo are soft, making it perfect for youngsters to play on. Because of its limited thatch growing capacity, it requires less lawn upkeep.
Maintaining your Sir Walter buffalo lawn with a thorough care schedule can safeguard your investment. In the long term, You will save both time and money as a result of this. The following are seven lawn maintenance suggestions for your Sir Walter buffalo lawn:
Sir Walter buffalo lawns are prepared to cut the grass in 10-14 days after installation. The very first mow should be a basic trim to avoid scalping the new lawn. After that, cut it on a regular to keep thatch levels under control. It’s entirely up to you what mowing height you prefer. For spongy grass, a mowing height of 50mm is appropriate. For less thatchy and tight grass, a mowing height of 30mm is recommended.
Although Sir Walter buffalo grass is a low-maintenance grass, failing to fertilize your lawn may lead it to lose its health and color. Fertilizing the lawn every two months according to the manufacturer’s suggested treatment rates will assist preserve its lushness in locations with very sandy soils. In other cases, fertilizing it in late autumn will help keep the color of your grass throughout the winter. However, too much fertilizer may need excessive care, such as frequent mowing and extra watering to adequately break down the fertilizer
Application of Wetting Agents
Moisture agents application is a lawn care activity that should be done at least twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Wetting agents are used to improve the flow of water in the soil. That’s also very beneficial in Western Australian locations where the soil is coated in a waxy substance that hinders water from flowing freely. Wetting agents break down the waxy layer, making it easier for water to absorb.
Application of Iron Supplements
Unfortunately, most lawn fertilizers are deficient in iron, which is crucial for buffalo grass lawns. If your lawn is looking a little pale despite watering it properly and mowing it to the proper height, an iron supplement may be able to help. Applying iron supplements in the late fall helps your lawn to absorb the nutrients before winter arrives.
Conclusion:- Sir Walter buffalo grass has a delicate feel and retains its exceptional beauty all year. It’s great for allergy sufferers, kids, and pets. It’s also resistant to heat, drought, salt, and cold. Anco Turf is Victoria’s premier provider of Sir Walter turf of the highest quality.