We all love to consume kratom products. But, do you know about all the active compounds present in them? Do you know its chemistry? Do you have any idea how these Compounds affect your body? What are their roles in benefitting your body? Generally, we get to know about two of the main components of kratom. But there are so many alkaloids that play a vital role inside our body.
In this article, we’ll discuss the whole chemistry of kratom. Also, we’ll cover one of the incredible strains named white Sumatra kratom.
The miraculous herb, Mitragyna speciosa, is commonly known as kratom. It had its use in medical purposes in south-east Asia for ages. This benefitting herb consists of 40 structurally related alkaloids, flavonoids, polyphenols, and various glycosides. Out of which, mitragynine and 7-hydroxy mitragynine are mainly responsible for the psychoactive effect.
It is the most fundamental and abundant alkaloid present in kratom leaves. It was first isolated from a leaf in 1921. Its real name is unimaginably large. It is (E) – 16,17-dihydro – 9,17 Dimethoxy – 17,18 – Seco – 20 alpha yohimbine 16 carboxylic acid methyl ester. It is insoluble in water but dissolves in organic solvents like acetone or chloroform and makes a pleasant Fluorescent solution.
It is also one of the primary alkaloids present in kratom leaves. It came into existence in 1993. It is present in small amounts. The chemical components of many alkaloids present in kratom are too complex for commercial use. However, mitragynine acts as a chemical precursor to the more potent 7- hydroxy mitragynine.
Source – pixabay.com
Benefits of alkaloids
It is the presence of these alkaloids which make kratom plants a benefactor. It works on people, dogs, cats, or basically on all mammals as they share similar types of ECS systems. It works on the endocannabinoid system receptors, which are associated with the regulation of many activities. These alkaloids are beneficial in the following issues.
- Relieves pain – The leaves of this magical herb help reduce pain. The alkaloids present in kratom act on the central nervous system. Due to this, enkephalins and endorphins go into the bloodstream inside the body. These hormones help in reducing pain in the body.
- Energy booster – The alkaloids of kratom act on specific metabolic processes and affect the hormone. Doing this increases energy as it increases metabolism—the increment in oxygen level and metabolic process increases energy level—additionally, your blood circulation increases.
- Immunity booster – The leaves of kratom possess high antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Hence, this miraculous herb is considered a natural immunity booster. It also improves the resilience of your immunity system. Therefore it helps protect against toxins, chemicals, and diseases.
- Controls anxiety – People generally use kratom leaves for boosting immunity and soothing nerves. But research proved that kratom leaves work incredibly well on people fighting anxiety and depression. The psychotic substance present in the herb, mitragynine, releases serotonin and endorphins. These hormones help elevate your overall mood. Kratom improves the chemical and hormonal imbalances in the body.
- Helps in opioid withdrawal – If you want to get rid of opioid addiction, then surely go for kratom without any second thought. We see that kratom activates opiate receptors in the brain, which binds with your receptions and helps in reducing addiction urges. Due to this power, many people have been using it for opioid withdrawal for hundreds of years. Though some people think that kratom leaves are addictive, regular chewing of kratom leaves provides good bowel movement.
- Good sex life – As we already know, kratom leaves work incredibly by boosting energy. It also increases blood circulation levels. All these factors increase fertility and raise conception levels.
- Manage diabetes – Millions of people have diabetes globally. The alkaloids found in kratom helps in the regulation of insulin and glucose in the blood. It controls the sudden rise of blood sugar levels and prevents the onset of diabetes.
- Maintains good heart health – The active compounds found in kratom leaves are beneficial to maintaining a healthy heart. Consumption of this herb leads to positive impacts in the articles and ventricles. It also enhances the working of blood vessels for a stable flow of blood. Hence, it reduces blood pressure levels, which reduces the chances of various heart diseases. So we can say that kratom leaves help protect against heart attacks, strokes, and atherosclerosis.
- Refines sleep cycle – Kratom is used widely for its therapeutic and mild psychotropic effects. Kratom leaves and their supplements help maintain a better sleep cycle. It is advantageous for people suffering from insomnia Or hypersomnia. It calms your mind, which aids in better sleep.
- Battles diarrhea – Kratom helps regulate the parasympathetic nervous system and slow down peristalsis. It helps in giving relief from diarrhea. It is also helpful in many inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
Some of the other incredible health benefits of kratoms are that they help reduce inflammation-fighting obesity and fatigue.
Every alkaloid has its pros and cons associated with it. Everybody reacts differently to kratom. Sometimes consumption of more than the required amount affects your body. As we all know, kratom is a Tropical tree, so there is a probability that some people may be allergic to it. Generally, the side effects associated with kratom are mild. Its effects fade out in three or four days. Some of the side effects are:
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Increased urination
The alkaloids present in kratoms are not only advantageous for humankind but also for entire mammals. They work amazingly. They are helpful in the prevention of many diseases. They also cure many daily life issues in one’s life. But, like every alkaloid, kratom strains for pain too have its pros and cons. If you consume it in an appropriate serving amount and get your allergic test done, there is hardly any chance you can get affected by its side effects.