Jewelry designs and their purpose has evolved a lot over the centuries. What was during the older times symbolized a lot of functions from being used as currency to artistic purposes and representation of religion, is now more of decorative that reflects fashion and status. These days retro look-inspired vintage jewelry is experiencing a real revival. They are in the present times no longer termed as granny accessories but are used in a variety of ways for customized looks.
Every piece of old jewelry has its own story to tell. Jewelry has always been close to the heart of ladies. Jewelry is perennial, and ladies love wearing and flaunting their unique collections time and again. Even after so many years of vintage diamond rings, it still adorns the heart of a lady, as the desire of owning a vintage piece of jewelry can never fall.
Trends may come and go, but styles keep evolving. But, if you are looking for something exclusive, vintage jewelry is the perfect answer. Charming a classic, retro look-inspired vintage jewelry like vintage engagement rings can add a touch of perfect couture. It could mean your signature style statement.
The Love for Vintage Jewelry
In a world where the love of jewelry is unconditional, buyers are still hunting for retro look vintage jewelry pieces. These jewelry pieces have their charm and love them for their conventional look. Vintage jewelry has the power to add immense value to all your accessories collections.
Whether you want to add vintage jewelry to your collection or you are inclined to the retro looks of vintage diamond rings, follow the below-mentioned tips to get the best of collections:
- Recognize actual vintage jewelry pieces: With surging demands of vintage and old jewelry, there are a lot of fake pieces and sellers, and all claiming to be original. Try and gather as many details as you can on the authenticity of every piece of vintage jewelry that you like and decide to buy. It is very difficult to learn about the authenticity of old vintage jewelry pieces by their design, structure, and, its motifs.
- Make sure to participate in antique sales: in antique sales, a large number of authentic vintage jewelry are put on sale. Here you will for sure be able to find the piece/s of your choice, and that too genuine and authentic.
- Visit estate and local garage sales: There is a lot of hidden treasure to be found in local estate and garage sales. Most of the time, local antique goods sellers organize such kinds of sales. It is here, you can find some of the best pieces of vintage jewelry and that too at unbelievable prices.
- Check at vintage accessories and clothing stores: Vintage accessories and clothing stores are good places to find some real good vintage pieces of jewelry. These stores do not just sell accessories and clothes that are from the past era, but also keep a handsome collection of old and rare jewelry. Moreover, such stores can also guide you, about the best places to find some of the finest collections of old-vintage jewelry.
- Check for deals online: Popular online sites like Amazon and e-bay host various auctions on antique and vintage goods that include jewelry too. But finding genuine pieces could be an issue. Always buy online when you are sure of the pieces. Various other websites sell vintage jewelry. To ensure that you buy the original stuff, ask for certificates of authenticity.
Defining vintage jewelry is not easy. There are a lot of disputes among the experts, but in general, anything that is over 25 years old, is considered vintage. A piece of jewelry that is more than 100 years old, may also be called a vintage piece of jewelry, however, such pieces fall under the category of antique jewelry.
The Vintage period involves a lot of different periods, like the Georgian period and the Victorian period. Then you also have the Art Nouveau, Edwardian, Art Deco, and the Retro Eras.
Retro Vintage Fashion is timeless and can never be out of style. Vintage jewelry collections are always a value proposition. Most of the pieces might be expensive, but you can always find one according to your budget. It is highly advisable to buy antique and vintage pieces of jewelry from authentic places or sellers or dealers who can guarantee its authenticity. Also, having some knowledge of old jewelry is of great advantage, if you are an avid buyer of old jewelry. Attend antique collectible shows, antique shops and gather as much information as you can over the internet or books, to get familiarized with the various periods and styles for the perfect collection.