Sports have been an essential ingredient in our daily life for centuries untold. Maybe in the form of indoor sports or maybe outdoor sports, it has influenced not only the way we live or our lifestyle but also the way we carry ourselves and our personalities. Being a passion for her and a profession for him, sports have millions of positive impacts on our health, lifestyle, and daily routine. They are also a source of entertainment, driving away from the usual boredom and laziness. When we discuss the sports being played, the first priority is the dress code, the accessories, the kit, etc. Not only in sports but the way one dresses for any occasion has a huge impact on his mood, personality, and behavior. Therefore, choosing the right outfit for sports is much necessary because it provides comfort, keeps the spirit up, and leads to deciding the match’s fate.
Do and Don’ts while choosing the right outfit
An outfit gives the visual image of one’s character, dedication, personality, and determination to the person he/she is interacting with. So, one should always be ready with the right outfit for the right event. Confining it to the sports, an improper outfit can change the fate of the match and turn anything upside down. But generally, there is a lot of confusion among the athletes to choose the right outfit to spark. Sometimes the outfits change with the season, and sometimes with the sports one is engaged in. Here are certain tips to direct one to choose the right clothes:-
- Cloth material- The material the outfit is made of is the first and the foremost thing to be careful about. When engaged in a heavy sweating activity like sports or workout, one must avoid the cotton clothes as it absorbs the skin sweat and helps it evaporate. The clothes become wet and heavy, which turns out to be uncomfortable. Fabrics of the plastic base are the worst choice, whereas fabrics consisting of polypropylene are preferable as they evaporate the skin sweat but don’t soak it leaving one stinking.
- Proper fit- The most troublesome and annoying experience is wearing an outfit that hinders movements. The sports uniform should not be a tight fit as it can be quite uncomfortable and lead to wardrobe malfunction creating embarrassment. At the same time, wide bottom and loose pants are also not preferable as it creates obstacles and one may stumble upon and fall down. A loose t-shirt and good-fit track pants are preferable athletic clothes for men
- Seasonal changes- The outfits preferred vary from season to season, like a fabric which wicks away the sweat and keeps the body cool and the dresses light and comfortable is a good choice for the summer season. Whereas in the winter season, one should go for layers of clothes keeping the sweat-wicking clothes as the inner layer and insulating layer for the outer. In winter, one should dress for a warmer temperature than outside as exercising warms the body and boosts the heart rate. Whereas in the rainy season, one should wear a protective layer to not get drenched in the rain.
Considering the outfits, there are variously hooded, track pants, jogging athletic clothes for men available online and various short wears, hooded, padded tee and pants available for women, catering to the requirements of the athletes.
How to choose the right accessories?
Amidst all other available accessories for the sportsperson, the sports shoes for men are of significant importance as it affects the performance, movements and wrong-fit shoes can result in hurting the ankle and fracturing the knees or spraining the legs. Therefore the perfect athletic shoes are of utmost importance and hence here are the tips to fetch the one:-
- Proper fit- The athletic shoes are available in various types and designs like running, walking shoes, jogging shoes, football shoes, etc., and hence need to be rightly chosen. The shoe should not be too tight; one must be able to wiggle the toes. The shoes should be comfortable to wear, and one should be able to make free movements of the feet.
- Grip- the heel of the shoes should provide a firm grip to the heel of the foot, and one should not slip away and fall.
- Ultimate guide- One should try the athletic shoes after they have performed an activity and their feet are at the largest size for a better fit. One should use a similar type of socks, buy the sports shoes for men or women from the specialty stores, and change the shoes accordingly.
Athletic shoes and outfits can vary in size, design, material, and texture. This is made to cater to the needs of a healthy, slim, lean, and thin type of sportsperson. Is not it a wild imagination to play cricket wearing a traditional outfit like a saree or dhoti? So, to provide the sportsperson with comfort, a rough and tough personality, a season accessories kit, and a perfect kind of clothes suitable for outdoor playing, there are varieties of athletic outfits and shoes available along with other supporting accessories which are a cherry on the top.