When a business is new, one of the biggest expenses is the office furniture, and this is at a time when profits have not started coming in. Or, a company might be opening a second office in a new area to increase their customer base. Finding a good source for used office furniture can save the business owner thousands of dollars, and no one will know used furniture was chosen. The trick is to find used office furniture in like-new condition and in current styles. This can include desks, file cabinets, chairs, movable office dividing walls, and more.
Where To Find Used Office Furniture
Finding used office furniture near me in Ohio is easy. Just go online to Capital Choice Office Furniture and take a look at what is shown on the website. Then, go to the inquiry section and list the pieces you need. The company will send you photos of furniture that matches your wish list. You can also call them or visit their showroom in Columbus Ohio.
You can also go online and check out Amazon.com, eBay, or other online furniture sites. If you don’t mind buying furniture sight unseen, this small moves can work well.
Any larger city will have used furniture places that may carry used office furniture. Check out the city phone book yellow pages or just key in used office furniture and your city using an electronic device. There may also be office liquidation companies available.
How To Buy Used Office Furniture Wisely
There are steps to take when shopping for high-quality used office furniture.
- You need to plan just as carefully as if it were new. Make a floor plan identifying where everyone will be located and the furniture they will need. It may be worth the investment to hire an interior designer to draw up these plans. This planning will provide a better idea of the sizes of furniture needed and what will fit in the office.
- Make sure the plan allows for a good traffic pattern in the office. Don’t buy furniture that does not fit the plan.
- Check the furniture for worn areas. Check for loose joints and loose or missing screws.
- Don’t ignore basic furniture ergonomics. If the furniture is not comfortable, pass it up. The desktop should fit each user correctly and be comfortable.
- The budget is important. Find good-quality furniture for a reasonable price. You might want to do a little comparison shopping.
- Purchase furniture that is correct for the climate where the office is located.
- Try to inspect the furniture before you purchase it.
- Be sure to check the warranty and return policy for any purchase.
- Check the delivery or shipping price, and add it to the furniture price to see if it still fits in the budget.
- Know about the different materials used in office furniture. The most common are wood, metal, plastic, fabric, or a combination of those materials.
If a person shops carefully, used office furniture can be a great way to save money without sacrificing quality.