The CRM system is used to manage sales, marketing, as well as the work of customer support departments.
Simply put, a CRM system is a program that helps organize the process of communication with customers. Its main goal is to put things in order, to make work easier, faster, and more convenient. CRM can be installed on a computer or used as a cloud service, depending on the tasks. Most modern CRM systems also have a version for smartphones.
How does a CRM system work?
When a business is based on working with customers, you need to control every detail. Maintain a customer database and records of applications, and communication history, monitor sales progress, fix the schedule of meetings and calls and assign tasks. Mass mailings are often used in business. In addition, companies need to monitor employees’ work, ensure communication between departments, and conduct analytics.
Usually, email, chat, spreadsheets, calendar, task manager, and other programs are used for these tasks.
What does a CRM system provide? It performs all of the above functions by combining several services. Employees get rid of switching between tabs and windows; all work is done in one program.
The main features of the CRM system:
1. Organized client base. All information about customers is presented in the form of graphic cards. The history of calls, the content of negotiations, future meetings and calls, and upcoming tasks are recorded for each client. The customer base in CRM can be segmented according to various parameters. It excludes duplicate contacts. Much of the information is stored automatically, reducing manual data entry to a minimum.
2. Automation. Working with CRM reduces time and helps automate routine tasks. Popular automation features include mass mailings and the creation of letters and documents from a template.
3. Managing the work of employees. In CRM, you can assign tasks, distribute them among executors, track progress, and set the priority of tasks. A unified way of setting tasks allows the employees themselves not to forget or lose sight of anything.
4. Sales management and analytics. The ability to track the sales funnel stages is one of the main advantages of CRM systems. Also, most CRMs provide for the creation of reports and analytics functions that can be customized individually for business tasks.
Who needs a CRM system and why?
The ability of a CRM system to adapt to business tasks makes it universal for various fields and companies of different sizes. Do not believe the prejudice that the CRM system is a program only for large businesses. CRM will also be an indispensable assistant in small companies where employees often combine several positions.
- CRM system for small business
For CRM to suit small businesses, it must be flexible in settings, inexpensive, and easy to use.
- CRM system for an individual entrepreneur
Professionals who work for themselves are forced to combine several positions at once. This is marketing, sales, and administration. And even if there are few clients, there is no need to keep all the information in your head or spend time filling out a diary.
- CRM for higher education institutions
The development of the online learning business is going fast these days, and the competition for the consumer has become very intense. Many companies can no longer reduce their rates to attract customers – all that remains is to compete based on quality indicators, including improved customer service and improved service levels. And this is just the area of CRM. By the way, Geniusee Education Software Development expertise is here for you.
- CRM systems for large companies
When the number of employees in the company exceeds several hundred people, the need for a CRM system in the enterprise is beyond doubt. To quickly evaluate the performance of a large team and distribute the load, manage sales progress and marketing strategies, Excel spreadsheets will not be enough.
Each CRM has its features. However, some points are especially important not to miss when choosing a CRM:
- Convenience and ease of use. It depends on how willingly the company’s staff will accept the innovation. Find out how long the integration takes and request a demo. If, during the trial period, you cannot figure out how CRM works, then employees will sabotage the work in the program.
- The flexibility of settings is especially important for a growing business. Flexibility means that everything in CRM can be customized to your needs: from folder names and labels to mass mailing details and sales funnel. Perhaps you did not consider something initially, or the specifics of the business have changed, which is why, over time, CRM will need to be adapted to current needs.
- The presence of a mobile version, if you want always to be aware of the company’s status. The mobile version is necessary for managers who work 24/7. Leaders of growing businesses must keep their finger on the pulse of the project, literally 24 hours a day. Without mobile CRM, this will simply be impossible.