Interested in monetizing your social media skills? You may want to consider the Amazon Influencer Program. It is possible to make money by promoting products that you think your audience will enjoy, and you won’t need to invest in inventory, create listings, or incur upfront costs.
Any website that qualifies as an Influencer can earn commissions from Amazon by promoting products and referring customers. The percentage of commission you earn depends upon the type of product you promote. The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of the Amazon influencer program and how you can utilize it to promote your products.
If you need more guidance on the Amazon influencer program or how to get started with the influencer program seek help from a professional eCommerce consulting agency like Urtasker.
Consulting an eCommerce agency also helps you with effective Amazon seller account management services to drive sales and promote products.
What’s the Amazon Influencer Program all about?
An Amazon Influencer is someone who qualifies for the Amazon Influencer Program after meeting certain criteria. It is common for these individuals to maintain an active YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account.
Upon being accepted into the program, these influencers build a custom Amazon page that includes all the product recommendations that they endorse. Their audience can then directly interact with the product by clicking on those links on social media or blogs.
The Amazon Influencer gets a commission when a customer makes a purchase after being referred by Amazon. Here is a breakdown of how it works:
- Influencers begin by building a viewership base on social media services such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Amazon Influencer Program then becomes available to them
- Amazon Influencers register in the Amazon Associates Program under the field Amazon Influencers
- As an Amazon influencer now, they create a store on Amazon and add products from the brands they work with or their own products to it
- An Amazon influencer recommends products on YouTube, Instagram, or Facebook by posting a link.
- A link is posted on social media or YouTube and a link is clicked to redirect the audience to the shop.
- In the event that an audience member purchases the item recommended to them, they become a customer.
- Customers who have just purchased something from Amazon and anything else they buy within 24 hours get a commission from Amazon, not their brand.
Amazon’s Influencer Program: How to Apply
You could earn money on product recommendations if you have a strong following and are engaged on social media.
Influencer marketing is experiencing rapid growth, as 6 percent of third-party Amazon sellers employ influencers to market their products. Almost a third of respondents (32%) are planning on growing their business through social media, influencer marketing, and other methods that do not involve Amazon.
For more information, please visit the Amazon Influencer Program website and select “Get started”. Applying through your existing Amazon customer account or Amazon Associates account is possible. You will learn Amazon advertising management to get commission over them. If you do not already have an account, click “Create a new account.”.
The Amazon influencer program allows you to add products to idea lists. How do you do that?
Amazon influencer program members can add products to their storefront in a few ways. Use the email address you used to join Amazon’s Influencer program to log into Amazon.com.
- In your browser, type in your vanity URL. To add products to an Idea List, click on it in the owner view.
- You can enter the product’s name in the search bar. Add the product to your list by clicking the + in the upper left corner.
Search on Amazon.com for any product you’d like to add to your page:
- Then, select the Idea List from the dropdown menu on the right (under Add to Cart) and click ‘Add to List’.
- Alternatively, you may use the Amazon app or the desktop web.
Creating an Influencer Store and promoting it
Getting your store approved and up and running is only half of the battle. In order to maximize sales, you must promote it. If you wish to be approved, you will need to have a large following on social media. To build this following, you can promote your store on social media.
Make sure your audience knows you’ve compiled a list of your favorite niche-specific products. People who trust your product recommendations will be engaged audiences that respond to your content. Now let’s discuss how you can market your products through Amazon influencers by using social media networks.
- Your bio should contain a link to your influencer page so that people can see it. Make sure your followers know where they can find your recommendations by pointing them to your influencer link in post captions
- Promote your posts by providing a link in your bio that allows your followers to shop the products in your posts
- Showcase your personality through Instagram Stories, interact with your followers authentically, and expand your following. Pin stories to your profile to showcase products or high-performing stories
- Your “About” section should contain a link to your influencer page.
- Similar to Instagram Stories, you can recommend products in your Facebook Stories.
- Connect your Amazon influencer page with your Facebook profile by adding a “Shop Now” button.
- You should link to both your influencer profile and product page every time you talk about a product.
- In your channel’s “About” section, include a link to your influencer page
- Please include your link in the video description, as well as links to products that were discussed in the video. The description (or the section of the “About” section) of your video should include a link for viewers to “shop” your video
- In the Twitter bio section of your profile, you can link to your influencer profile
- Promote products frequently through Twitter, and link to your influencer profile or point followers to it when possible
Website & Blog
- Prepare blog posts that are aligned with the kinds of products and content that are of interest to your audience
- To keep your readers interested, you should regularly publish new content. Please refer to your influencer page where you list links to all of the products you recommend and which are related to your recommendation for each of them
Through your own custom Amazon storefront, Amazon Influencers can promote their favorite products for a fee.
Are you popular on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube? In that case, what are you waiting for? Start earning money by recommending products your followers will love with the Amazon Influencer Program. It makes sense to join this program if you are looking to monetize your social media expertise.