Having some easy breezy dresses in your wardrobe is a must for the summers. Whether a formal event or a casual outing, a dress can fit any occasion. However, when finding a women’s dress, you need to follow some basic guidelines to have a smooth purchase experience. You can start browsing the dresses online to learn about basic styles and designs. Then go through the following guidelines and pick the right one:
It is better to clearly understand the purpose of buying the dress.
If you are attending a formal event with a unique dress code, like a banquet or charity ball, try full-length dresses or ball gowns.
A knee-length cocktail dress or a flowing gown for informal events will be great. A multi-purpose, maxi or knee-length dress is versatile, and you can wear them daily.
Budget is another factor that you need to consider. Now, you can get a women’s dress in various price ranges.
You can try designer gowns if you don’t mind splurging a bit on your dresses. You can also customise it to have the perfect fit and an elegant and comfortable cut.
If you have a limited budget, try buying your dress during a seasonal sale or in the off-season. It is best to invest in a versatile dress that you can wear on multiple occasions to get the best value for your money.
It will help if you keep your style preferences in mind. You may not be comfortable in a mini-dress. So, you can consider buying a long or knee-length dress. If you’re not a fan of flowing gowns, try dresses that fit you snugly and highlight your curves.
It would help to choose a style that compliments your figure and makes you feel comfortable.
Body shape is vital since a single dress style doesn’t fit all body types. Choosing the dress according to your body type will accentuate your best features and make you look flattering.
- If you have a strawberry-shaped body with a broad back and shoulders and slender legs and hips, try to avoid dresses that add bulk on top. It is best to try fuller or flared skirts with fluted hemlines.
- For a pear-shaped body with a small bust and wide hips, dresses that accentuate the waistline and add dimension to the upper body are the best choice.
- Apple-shaped bodies have an undefined waistline, so A-line dresses with low necklines are the perfect choice for such a body type.
- The rectangular body type doesn’t have prominent curves. So, a dress that bares the shoulders coupled with a belt can create an illusion of curves.
- If you have an hourglass body, any evening dress with a natural flair and defined waistline will work perfectly for you.
If you want to create a slim silhouette, try darker hues. For more volume, go for lighter shades. Your natural skin tone also plays a huge part in determining the choice of your dress colour.
For example, if you have a blue undertone, go for the jewel, black and white tones. On the other hand, if you have a warmer skin tone, red, yellows, browns, and oranges will look great. If you don’t want to experiment too much, stick with traditional colours like navy blue, grey or white, as they go well with every skin tone.
Buying dresses can get simpler when you focus on the right things. Knowing your proportions, style, colour, occasion, and budget options enables you to achieve the desired look. If you’re still sceptical, you can always ask for a second opinion from a family member or friend whose aesthetic you admire.