A laptop which is compatible with – your college assignments, helps you through streaming content in your leisure time, and binge gaming – is indeed hard to find. Additionally, most students demand an affordable, lightweight, and day-lasting laptop for their college needs. This requirement doesn’t sound vague in today’s countless laptop innovations, where you can get top-notch performance at a jaw-dropping price.
We recommend a laptop with a great processor, and enough battery life would be the best for your entire college journey. That’s why you can sneak into gaming laptops and their specifications even though you are not searching for a gaming one. However, gaming laptops are built to withstand heavy workloads.
In addition, you might look for a few additional features, such as a comfortable trackpad, keyboard, powerful speakers, decent webcam, and much more. Moreover, we can’t discard the affordability of a student-friendly laptop.
Here are the best college laptops for 2022:
- 1 Best laptops for college students
- 1.1 MSI Modern 14
- 1.2 2. MacBook Air M1 (the Late 2020 version)
- 1.3 3. Lenovo Flex 5 Chromebook
- 1.4 4. Dell XPS 13
- 1.5 5. Asus ROG Strix G15 (Advantage Edition)
- 1.6 6. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 (2021 Edition)
- 1.7 7. HP Pavilion Aero 13
- 1.8 8. Acer Swift 5 (2022)
- 1.9 9. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
- 1.10 10. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360
- 2 Summing up…
Best laptops for college students
MSI Modern 14
High-end laptops at a reasonable price are not a dream anymore. MSI Modern 14 is a budget-friendly yet perfect laptop for day-to-day tasks, as confirmed by Laptop Repair Dubai.
The laptop features 8GB memory and a storage of 128 GB. Students often demand a laptop with an adequate amount of ports, and MSI Modern 14 won’t disappoint you.
Here’s what you should know about MSI Modern 14:
- The laptop comes with a backlit keyboard for low-light efficiency
- In addition, the device lasts up to 8 hours with a single charge
- The laptop acquires a lightweight design with a stylish aluminium build
Therefore, you can grab this portable laptop if you don’t mind its solid state capacity of 128 GB. However, you can’t upgrade the built-in storage. Otherwise, it’s an overall good laptop for college students.
2. MacBook Air M1 (the Late 2020 version)
macOS has been a user-friendly operating system and if you like to pick a macOS-supported device, go for MacBook Air M1. It might seem a bit pricey, but it’s worth spending your money on for the performance it offers.
Take a look at its technical specifications:
- Powered with an M1 processor (Apple Silicon)
- It’s available in 8GB and 16 GB variants
- It offers storage of up to 2TB starting from 256GB
- 13.3-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixel
In addition, it offers an impressive battery life of up to 14 hours. You can get even more features with the Apple MacBook air M2 or Apple MacBook Pro. However, MacBook Air M1 is a pocket-friendly deal for those who dislike compromising speed and performance.
On the other hand, you can pair your iOS and iPadOS devices with the MacBook Air M1. This MacBook also features a Magic Keyboard for a comfortable typing experience. However, this laptop might not be suitable for you if you are looking for a good number of ports.
3. Lenovo Flex 5 Chromebook
Chromebook has been a sensation among students due to its super lightweight operating system. A Chromebook will be the best choice if you prefer your college assignments via web-based applications. We found Lenovo Flex 5 Chromebook for those who don’t require high-end specs.
The laptop is more than basic with the following specifications:
- 10th-gen Intel Core i3 Processor
- 4GB memory and 64GB storage
- 13-inch FHD screen
Besides this, this cheap Chromebook contains two USB-C and one USB-A port. Its 360-degree hinge will impress you and provide a feel of a two-in-one convertible. Interestingly, the laptop offers a battery life of up to 8 hours in a stretch. Fortunately, you can now access Android apps with Chrome OS.
4. Dell XPS 13
Here comes the premium laptop for college students and workaholics. Experience tremendous performance with this work-or-play notebook from Dell.
Take a look at Dell XPS 13’s tech specs, such as:
- CPU is available from Intel Core i7, i5, or i3
- Up to 16GB memory and 2TB storage
- 13.4-inch almost bezel-less display
- Graphics from Intel Iris Xe
Dell XPS 13 is a classy and elegant laptop with attractive chassis. It offers a bigger keyboard and trackpad for better grip. Moreover, the laptop stuns battery life with a backup of over 11 hours.
5. Asus ROG Strix G15 (Advantage Edition)
This is a powerful recommendation if you are looking for a powerhouse laptop. Asus ROG Strix G15 is primarily a gaming laptop, and it can offer you the performance for completing your assignments overnight. Additionally, you can consider this purchase if you are serious about content creation and strict gaming hours.
Here are a few highlights of this beast:
- CPU: 8-core AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor
- GPU: MD Radeon RX 6800M with 12GB GDDR6
- 16GB RAM and NVMe SSD storage of 512GB
The battery doesn’t do justice to such a powerful laptop. The battery is very bulky, and it questions the portability of the device. Surprisingly, the laptop misses the webcam. So, if these don’t bother you, you can go for the Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition.
6. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 (2021 Edition)
A premium yet productive laptop with Windows support – if you are looking for the same, then Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is here. Its light, slim, and attractive svelte design is a bonus for you. Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 is a 10 on 10 if you prefer an appealing and comfortable backpack accessory.
Here’s more information about Microsoft Surface Laptop 4’s technical specifications:
- Available in both Ryzen 5/7 4000-series and 11-Gen Intel Core i7/i5
- Similarly, you can choose between integrated Radeon or Intel Iris Xe graphics
- Memory: up to 32GB
- Storage: up to 1TB
Apart from this, the laptop acquires a good battery life. However, we think that the bezels can be thinner. It will be better if a better webcam and more compatible ports join the laptop.
7. HP Pavilion Aero 13
Carrying a laptop all day, along with your backpack and other accessories, can be hectic if your laptop isn’t lightweight. HP Pavilion Aero is the perfect combination of portability and productivity.
Hence, this resides in the top 10 list of college-competent laptops. Here are the advantages of choosing the HP Pavilion Aero as your college laptop:
- Features 8-core Ryzen 7 processor
- 13.3-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels
- 16GB memory and 512GB SSD
- Weighs less than 1Kg
Reportedly, its battery lasts up to 12 hours, and its typing speed is appreciable with a comfortable keyboard. However, you have to spend a few bucks extra to avail the backlit keyboard. Additionally, there’s no microSD card slot or touchscreen functionality available.
8. Acer Swift 5 (2022)
2022’s Acer Swift hits the floor with excellent upgrades to its predecessor. It has become more powerful and faster with an upgraded SSD perfect for video transcoding, file-transfer speed, and more. In other words, Acer Swift 5 is one of the top-notch college laptops.
Here are a few reasons you should invest in Acer swift 5:
- Intel Core i7 CPU and Intel Iris Xe GPU
- It features 16GB memory and up to 1TB SSD
- This 14-inch laptop weighs only 2.65 pounds
Undoubtedly, the Acer Swift 5 (2022) version has inherited all the best features from its previous edition. However, this edition’s weak speaker and bloatware applications are still persistent. Otherwise, Acer Swift 5 remains one of the trending laptops for college students.
9. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
A stunning convertible might be a game-changer for productivity and comfortability. We found Microsoft Surface Pro 8 for an ultimate convertible experience with the following features:
- Dual-core 11th Gen Intel Core i3/i5/i7 processor along with Intel Evo platform
- Intel UHD/ Iris Xe graphics
- Up to 32GB LPDDR4x RAM and 1TB SSD
- 10-point multi-touch screen
- Available with Windows 11 Pro or 10 Pro
- Weight starts from 891g
Additionally, you will get the Surface Slim Pen 2, which is terrific for taking notes and much more. The pen is equally great for sketching and doodling your ideas. Undoubtedly, this is one of the slimmest convertibles for college students.
10. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360
Another gorgeous laptop with thin bezels is here. Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360’s portable design, bright and crisp AMOLED display and excellent battery life will impress you.
Here are the top-notch laptop features:
- CPU from Intel Core i7
- GPU from Intel Iris Xe
- 16GB RAM and up to 1TB SSD
- 15.6-inch AMOLED, Full-HD screen
- Stunning S Pen
This is a 2-in-1 convertible laptop that comes with envying speed. However, there’s no silo to take care of your S Pen that comes with the laptop as a complete deal. In addition, the laptop lacks a webcam. Hence, you must install an exterior webcam for video calls and conferences.
Finding the most suitable laptop for college assignments and part-time earnings can be daunting. Especially when there are countless choices available. We hope this guide will help you land the perfect laptop for your college days. Don’t forget to check out your academic requirements and compare them with the laptop specs before committing to a specific laptop.